Eleven money saving tips that will extend the life of your refrigerator/freezer and lower the cost of energy in Houston
To reduce the need of repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your refrigerator and freezer running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you clothes clean than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your refrigerator/freezer and avoid many costly repairs.
Eleven money saving tips that will extend the life of your refrigerator/freezer and lower the cost of energy in Houston.
1. Always ship refrigerators upright. Placing the refrigerator on the side may cause a Freon leak that will prevent cooling. Placing refrigerator on its back will damage the condenser coils and cause the compressor to fail because if the unit is restarted before allowing the oil enough time to drain out of the lines and compressor back into the oil chamber.
2. Locate refrigerators away from heat sources like your range, a radiator, or a sunny window. To prevent overheating and system failure, do not locate the refrigerator near anything that can restrict the airflow to the motor, coils and compressor. Also, do not place refrigerators on top of carpeting because most condensers are located under the refrigerator and carpeting retains heat and restrict air flow.
3. To avoid burning out the compressor, always plug the refrigerator directly into the wall. If you absolutely need to run an extension chord, make sure a heavy duty, 3-pronged extensions cord. If unsure, consult the manufacturer specifications in the user guide.
4. Never run frost-free refrigerators with freezer compartments in unheated areas with air temperature below 60 degrees. When the air temperature goes below 60 F, the compressor runs less, keeping temperatures in the refrigerator compartment cold enough for fresh food but not cold enough in the freezer. At air temperatures below 40 F, the compressor stops running, so the freezer compartment rises to air temperature and food thaws and spoils. Also below 32 F, water melted during the automatic defrost cycle may freeze again and block air passages.
5. When leaving for an extended time like a vacation or other long trip discard perishable food, turn off the ice maker and leave the refrigerator on.
6. Do not over fill the refrigerator because cold air can’t circulate freely to regulate the temperature food.
7. To prevent odors and food quality; cover or wrap all exposed foods. Clean up spills and remove spoiled food immediately
8. Clean the refrigerator/freezer regularly by taking out all food and removable interior parts. Wash with a mild house hold detergent or baking soda and rinse with warm water. Rinse and wipe dry. Take out removable glass shelves and plastic and repeat the procedure. Be careful not put cold glass or plastic in hot water; they may crack. Clean the door gasket with detergent solution; rinse and dry. Do not use abrasives.
9. Especially in warmer climates like Atlanta and its long hot summers, it is recommended to clean condenser coils twice a year by gently brushing off the buildup that may cause overheating.
10. Regularly clean the seals in order to maintain proper temperature control and system efficiency. Houston,Texas has high humidity, to prevent mold growth, clean the seals monthly with warm water and a mild detergent
11. Sweep or vacuum dust and other debris under and around your refrigerator to promote good airflow and temperature.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of unit and avoid many costly repairs. Nonetheless, there are times when a repair is needed; in North Houston contact Same Day Appliance Home Repair. Houston Refrigerator Repair can fix most brands and models of refrigerators and freezer including Kenmore, Whirlpool, General Electric, Amana, Maytag, Jenn-Air, Insinkerator, Frigidaire, Sub Zero, Kitchen Aide, Magic Chef, and Scottsman. They repair most refrigerator problems including poor cooling, leaks, loud noises and icemakers.
Attempting to repair a refrigerator or freezer without proper training and safety standards is dangerous. Refrigerators and freezers should only be repaired by skilled professionals who have the knowledge and experience to safely bring them out of disrepair. Repairs performed by unqualified people risk serious injury or even death. A relatively small outlet can easily carry 150 times the current needed to kill a person.
Atlanta Refrigerator Repair can be reached at (832)757-1511 or email@example.com fast, reliable professional service. They service most of Houston suburbs and North Houston including Cypress,Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, Montgomery, Humble, and Tomball. Some of the municipalities serviced include Alpharetta, Roswell, Marietta, Decatur, College Park and Duluth.
Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your refrigerator and freezer running efficiently improper care will cause your unit to overwork By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your refrigerator/freezer and avoid many costly repairs.